[Pm-utils] POSIXification of pm-utils

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sun Jan 13 10:08:19 PST 2008

On Sun January 13 2008, Victor Lowther wrote:

> Comments, patches, flames, praise, etc. welcome!

http://hg.fnordovax.org/pm-utils/file/73184527be5d/pm/functions
       66 take_suspend_lock()
       67 {
       68 	# file creation and reading is not atomic.
       69 	# Directory creation is.
       70 	try_lock "$LOCKDIR" || return 1
       71 	VT=$(fgconsole)

The comments here should go to line 60, where they make more sense, imho.:

       56 release_lock()
       57 {
       58 	# $1 = directory used as the lock directory
       59 	# is it our directory?
       60 	! [ -d "$1" -a $(cat "$1/pid") -eq $$ ] || return 1
       61 	rm -rf "$1"
       62 	return $?
       63 }

Btw. I guess this directory was created by accident:
http://hg.fnordovax.org/pm-utils/file/73184527be5d/src/pm/

I also noticed you changed the location of on_ac_power,  pm-action,
pm-is-supported and pm-powersave, maybe you then also want to move the
installed pm-action to /usr/lib/libexec/ instead, because afaik this is where
executables that are not meant to be executed by a user, should go.

Regards,
Till