[Pm-utils] dell e1505 no longer lets me do fn-stand by

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Jan 19 10:21:09 PST 2008

On Saturday 19 January 2008 18:04:18 John H. wrote:
> I can tell gnome to do suspend,and fn-hibernate works, but not
> fn-standby/escape does nothing?
>
> How do I change this?

Which distribution are you using?

The reason that the button does not work is probably a bug in the kernel
(acpi) or in gnome-power-manager or maybe missing information in the hal. In
it is the latter, you find more information here:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-keymap-index.html

The only thing I am sure of, is that this is not within the scope of pm-utils,
because it is the task of other sofware to call pm-utils, e.g. when a key is
pressed. But pm-utils does not know anything about these keys.

Regards,
Till