[Pm-utils] [patch commit] [000] POSIXification of pm-utils

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 19:29:28 PST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 9:14 PM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would you mind not setting -u0 when generating patches? I realize it
> cuts down on the size of the attachments, but I think the context is
> much more useful than the bandwidth savings. Especially for interdiffs
> like this, it can be vital to seeing what the change is doing. For
> Mozilla, they used to request 8 or 9 lines of context on patches!

Sorry -- -u0 was an artifact from when I was splitting my large patch
into this patch series (I ahve a script that I use to diff between git
mainline and my posix series).  I have fixed that change.
If it would make things easier, I have a git repo @
git://fnordovax.org/pm-utils/ that contains all my patches.

> Now it updates $elapsed, but it still suffers the problem where you
> always `sleep 1'. So, even for the case now where the timeout
> functionality is not being utilized, you still delay a second if the
> locking failed. Simply moving the sleep after the conditional would
> fix that.

Good point.  Patch attached (with -U 5).