[Pm-utils] POSIXification of pm-utils

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Wed Jan 30 03:34:55 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 08:50:10PM -0600, Victor Lowther wrote:
> On Jan 13, 2008 4:27 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 13:07 -0600, Victor Lowther wrote:
> > > Anyone else think that moving away from CVS for source control is a
> > > good idea?  I am partial to Mercurial, but any of the modern
> > > distributed source control systems would be lightyears better than
> > > CVS.
> >
> > Moving to git is pretty easy, as fd.o hosts lots of git projects.
> > Mercurial is harder as is not standard for fd.o.
>
> What would it take to make that happen?

More important: what is it good for? pm-utils is a project with only
a few files (until autocrappification came, which increased the number
significantly, but still _very_ small). Moving to git or something else
buys us not really anything, but it costs resources. And no, CVS was
never the bottleneck in pm-utils development.

I am strongly opposed to switching to anything else just because we can.

--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices            |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)