[Pm-utils] [patch commit] [015] POSIXification of pm-utils

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 08:48:14 PST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 9:26 AM, Stefan Seyfried <seife at suse.de> wrote:
> > Btw. are there so many user's hooks? Maybe you can get the users to submit
> > them here for inclusion.
>
> Yes, there are lots of them. No, we don't want them here for inclusion (unless
> we suddenly start packing up ugly workarounds for every driver / software
> package in pm-utils. If we do, i am immediately out of business).

I agree that pushing every user-created ugly workaround into mainline
would be a Bad Thing.  A review of them, however, might catch a common
failure mode that we should take into account in mainline.

I would not worry about you going immediatly out of business -- for
every bug we fix or workaround, I am sure a few more will spring up.
:)