[Pm-utils] Question about hooks and suspend-hybrid.

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Thu Jun 26 05:02:14 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm right now implementing suspend-hybrid for the original pm-utils, and was
wondering, how the handling in the hooks is supposed to be (i want my version
to be compatible with Victor's).

- there is only one hook (01grub) that even takes the suspend_hybrid parameter
- there i no resume_hybrid at all
- the hook-running code does never pass the suspend_hybrid parameter to any code.

So how is this supposed to work? Reading the HOWTO.hooks also did not provide
any clues.

Actually looking at src/pm-action.in it seems that for suspend_hybrid, also
plain "suspend" and "resume" actions are given to the hooks, but this is of
course not entirely correct, and it is contrary to the documentation in
HOWTO.hooks...

Might i suggest we use a "suspend_hybrid"/"resume_hybrid"-combination for
telling the hooks what to do?

Thanks,

	Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices            |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)