[Pm-utils] Release?

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 14:04:52 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 20:54 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> 2008/3/15, Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> > I think it is time to do a release.  I have been running the latest
> >  version of pm-utils on my laptop for a little over a week, and I have
> >  had exactly 0 suspend/resume failures related to pm-utils in that
> >  time.
> >
> >  How about a week or so of everyone running on fd.o git head, and if we
> >  do not encounter any nontrivial bugs call it 1.1.0?
>
> I'd like to see four more points addressed:
> 1.) pm/module.d/uswsusp:
> Now that it disables the 99video hook, it has to parse the quirks
> itself and pass it to s2ram in do_suspend and s2both in
> do_suspend_hybrid

I agree that this should be written, but I don't have any interest in
doing so (not being a uswsusp user and all).  That said, it should be
fairly simple -- a single function in the uswsusp module should do the
trick.

> 2.) better pmu support
> check_suspend should return true if /dev/pmu is existent

ACK, although I would not want to hold up a release for this.  If anyone
subscribed to this list has a system with /dev/pmu, we would love a
patch from you.

> 3.) SLEEP_MODULE
> I'd like to have an additional option "auto", which is the default and
> tries to autodetect the sleep module that should be used:
> first check for tuxonice
> then uswusp
> then fall back to kernel

I would want a more robust tuxonice sleep module before implementing
this.  Unless there has been some testing I am not aware of, the
tuxonice has had no testing at all.  Again, not something I would want
to hold up a release for.

> 4.) I'd like to move the configuration variables like SLEEP_MODULE,
> TEMPORARY_CPUFREQ_GOVERNOR (and optionally PM_LOGFILE) into
> pm/defaults and document them properly.
>
> I'll try to prepare patches for that over the weekend.

Excellent.

--
Victor Lowther
Ubuntu Certified Professional