[Pm-utils] Development flow and fd.o git repo

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:23:25 PDT 2008

I noticed in the latest pull frrom the fd.o git repo that there is a new
pmu branch.  I presume that this is mbiebl's pmu updates.

I think having multiple branches on the fd.o git repo is a good thing --
it makes it really easy to track who is working on what, makes review of
other people's code easier, etc.

I would even go so far as suggesting that everyone working on
features/bugfixes do them in seperate branches and make those branches
available in the fd.o git repo.

I would just suggest that if you want to store a non-master branch on
fd.o that it have a name that makes it easy to identify who is the
originator/owner/primary committer to the branch.  In the case of the
pmu branch, something like mbiebl-pmu would be fine.

--
Victor Lowther
Ubuntu Certified Professional