[Pm-utils] Release?

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:13:59 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 14:40 -0500, Victor Lowther wrote:
> I think it is time to do a release.  I have been running the latest
> version of pm-utils on my laptop for a little over a week, and I have
> had exactly 0 suspend/resume failures related to pm-utils in that
> time.
>
> How about a week or so of everyone running on fd.o git head, and if we
> do not encounter any nontrivial bugs call it 1.1.0?

Well, that was rather alot of nontrivial changes.  How about we try that
stabilization thing again?

To make testing easier for those running something Debian based, I have
pushed my debian branch to fd.o.  To make a .deb using that branch:

1: git checkout branch-to-make-a-deb-of
2: git checkout -b throwaway-branch
3: git merge whatever other branches
4: git merge debian
5: ./make-deb

If all goes well, a .deb of whatever is in throwaway-branch will be made
in the git repository's parent directory, and can then be installed on
the local system.  As the name of the branch indicates, when you are
finished testing that branch you should delete it with git branch -D
throwaway-branch.

The debian branch is a branch that does not share any common ancestry
with the rest of the repository.

If someone with the appropriate rpm skills is willing to create an
equivalent rpm branch, that would be most welcome.

--
Victor Lowther
Ubuntu Certified Professional