[Pm-utils] Release?

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:34:25 PDT 2008

2008/4/1, Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 09:13 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
>
> > 2008/3/27, Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
>  > > Well, it has been a few days, and no-one has raised any objections.
>  > >
>  > >  Richard, would you be alright with creating a new release branch and
>  > >  tagging it as a release candidate this Sunday if there are no
>  > >  objections?
>  >
>  > What date do we target the release? If we have a few days left, I'd
>  > like to integrate the man pages for
>  > pm-suspend/pm-is-supported/pm-powersave which Tim and I wrote for
>  > Debian (and maybe bringing them up-to-date to the latest changes, like
>  > documenting new variables such as DISABLE_HOOK)
>  > They are written in docbook/xml (requiring xmlto). I'd also like to
>  > upgrade the existing docbook/sgml docs to docbook/xml.
>

> I would be fine with that.  I considered trying to merge the manpages
>  from the Ubuntu package in, but then I got distracted by other things in
>  the code and never got around to it.
>
>  If you would not mind adding a line about intergrating those manpages in
>  the TODO file (for tracking purposes), that would be great.

I'm currently preparing the 1.1.0-1 release for Debian and during that
process I'll also update the man pages. After that I'll merge them
into the upstream branch and also convert the existing documentation
to the newer docbook-xml format (so we don't need two doc processing
tools).

>  > Nothing to really delay the release though. If we plan to release a
>  > 1.1.1 soon, I'd be fine with waiting for that release.
>

> Unless there is an urgent bugfix, I am going to target May 1 for the
>  next release of pm-utils. I expect it to mainly consist of bugfixes and
>  documentation updates, with only minor (if any) featureset changes.

Ok, that's enough time for me to make the above changes ;-)

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?