[Pm-utils] pm-utils 1.2.1 and 1.1.2.5 released

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 13:40:44 PDT 2008

2008/10/5 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 13:00 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:

>> > Btw, this doesn't seem to work for me.
>> > pm-suspend --store-quirks-as-fdi only does a suspend but not actually
>> > write the fdi file.
>> > I'd expect that --store-quirks-as-fdi will *only* write the fdi file
>> > and stop afterwards.
>> >
>> > I also wonder, if we shouldn't  always reset acpi_flags to 0.
>> > Example: I have tested
>> > pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode
>> >
>> > and afterwards
>> >
>> > pm-suspend --quirk-vbe-mode --quirk-vbestate-restore
>> > and /proc/sys/kernel/acpi_video_flags was still set to 3.
>> >

>> I have more issues with this release:

Thanks for fixing the mentioned issues.
SLEEP_MODULE= works now, so does --store-quirks-as-fdi.

What still doesn't work is --auto-quirks
I have
lshal | grep quirk
  power_management.quirk.s3_bios = true  (bool)
  power_management.quirk.s3_mode = true  (bool)

But the awk expression in 00auto-quirk returns an empty string.

Also, I think pm-utils should clean up /var/run/pm-utils after execution.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?