[Pm-utils] pm-utils 1.2.2.1 released

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Mon Oct 6 19:12:51 PDT 2008

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:30:56 -0500
Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com> wrote:

> And hot on the heels of that one, 1.2.2.1 makes auto-quirks work with
> more than one quirk.

Cool.  I don't really have any information available to debug it (as
the reporter can't get to system logs), but what are the chances that
hd corruption on resume from suspend to ram would have been caused by
this?   Reporter advised the system was "acting funny" after the
resume, and then after he decided to halt the system, there were errors
from rc.K, and those error messages being echoed to console contained
xml markup that he recognized from a file he'd recently been working on
(IOW, it was as if that file's contents were now in rc.K).  After
booting the system with a livecd, two partitions seemed fine, but what
was the system's root partition was no longer detected as ext3 at all.
Last I talked to him, recovery was progressing better than expected,
but with much population in /lost-and-found

Anyway, this is the only negative report I've gotten - all other
feedback has been along the lines of "wow - thanks" (just to throw in
some positivity to the mail)  :-)

-RW