[Pm-utils] RFC - PATCH to functions.in to support Slackware init

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 18:45:18 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com> wrote:

> Along those lines, how does pkgconfig and autoconf interact?  The docs
> that I have been able to find have been of little assistance, and I have
> made little progress in trying to understand by example using
> NetworkManager.

You mean, how do you check during the network manager build if
pm-utils is installed? I would do something like this for NM:

# configure.ac
HAVE_PM_UTILS=no
PM_HOOKS_DIR=""
PKG_CHECK_EXISTS([pm-utils],[
    HAVE_PM_UTILS=yes
    PM_HOOKS_DIR="`$PKG_CONFIG --variable=pm_libdir pm-utils`/sleep.d"
])
AC_SUBST([PM_HOOKS_DIR])
AM_CONDITIONAL([HAVE_PM_UTILS],[test "$HAVE_PM_UTILS" = yes])

# Makefile.am
if HAVE_PM_UTILS
pmhooksdir = $(PM_HOOKS_DIR)
pmhooks_DATA = 10NetworkManager
endif

It would be nice if we exported the sleep.d directory directly in the
pm-utils.pc file instead of always assuming that it's at
$pm_libdir/sleep.d.

--
Dan