[Pm-utils] pm-suspend very odd behaviour

Nunzio Losacco nunz at hotmail.it
Tue Oct 14 11:30:21 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm struggling with the suspend issues on my ASUS M6800Ne with Fedora 9.
My laptop does suspend or hibernate correctly but it doesn't resume. It seems to wake up some way but the panel backlight remains off.
Having a look at Richard Hugsie website I managed to make it work after some attempts. But the behaviour keeps being very strange.

1. If I do a pm-suspend --quirk-s3-mode, the laptop will resume correctly.
2. Then, if AFTER THAT I do a pm-suspend with no arguments the laptop will resume correctly again.
3. But when I reboot after that the system will hang on "Restarting system" ...

This happens systematically.

In any case, if I succeed to do a suspend/resume cycle and reboot after that, the system won't resume successfully with a pm-suspend with no quirks.

Do not know if this may help but the pm-suspend.log when the system doesn't manage to resume stops at:

/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98smart-kernel-video resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/95led resume suspend: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/94cpufreq resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/90clock resume suspend:

Thank you very much for any help!!

PS:: recently I've installed pm-utils 1.2 but the issues remain the same.