[Pm-utils] Improve 98smart-kernel-video

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 07:11:34 PST 2009

2009/11/8 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 15:09 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> >
>> > Go ahead and push it -- let me know when it is in the git repo, and I
>> > will spin a new release of pm-utils.
>>
>> Hi Victor, thanks for pushing this fix. Seems I forgot to do it myself.
>
> Yep -- I have not tagged it yet, but
> http://pm-utils.freedesktop.org/releases/pm-utils-1.2.6.tar.gz is ready
> to be tested by someone other than me. :)  It includes all the changes
> you pushed to the tree.

I did some basic testing with uswusp and in-kernel suspend, and it
seems to work fine so far.

As you already uploaded 1.2.6, does that mean, the following patches
should be in a 1.2.6.1 release?

>> As you are planning a new release, could you review/pull the patches attached to
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=554959 (return 0 in
>> maybe_deallocvt)
>
> That looks fine.
>
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=540122 (typo, s/Om/On/)
>
> The patch to the .8 file is redundant, we built it automatically from
> the xml source.  The xml bit of the patch is fine.

ok, shall I commit the two patches above? what's your preferred way of
commiting such bug fixes.
Should they go to the stable 1.2 branch and be merged to master or
shall they be committed to master and you cherry-pick what you see fit
for the stable branch?

>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=542923 (ntpd init
>> scripts is called "ntp" on Debian/Ubuntu. I'm fine with keeping a
>> Debian/Ubuntu specific patch for that though)
>
> That should be Debian/Ubuntu specific

ok

>> Most other, relevant Debian patches at [1]  have already been merged.
>> The patches Ubuntu is shipping is at [2].
>
> Yeah, I need to trawl through the bugtrackers of the major distros again
> for pm-utils and borrow their general fixes.
>
> Having a toddler is an awesome way to lose track of other projects for
> months at a time. :)

Hey, didn't know that. My congratulations!

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?