[Pm-utils] Canceling resume

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Nov 19 01:13:45 PST 2009

Hello,

I am investigating pm-utils as the glue to tie together suspend/resume
machinery on the OpenMoko FreeRunner.

One thing that is needed, and that I didn't manage to understand if it
could be done with pm-utils, is to cancel a resume.

There are various reasons why the phone can be set to resume: user
request, receiving a phone call, a change of the fix on the GPS, a
timer, an inbound GPRS data packet, possibly more.

Not all of those events require the phone to fully unsuspend, turn on
screen and so on and so forth. In the case of a GPS fix change, for
example, the only thing needed would be to append some data to a GPX
track log, then one can go to sleep again.

It is possible to inspect the resume reason upon resume, so pm-utils
scripts could check that, then decide if a full resume is needed or if
the resume reason can be handled right away and then return to sleep.

Is it possible for a resume script in pm-utils to say "Ok, I took care
of it, don't bother running the rest, let's go back to sleep" ?

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>