[Pm-utils] S3 on Fedora & Ubuntu

mwesten mwesten at verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 01:21:19 PDT 2010

Hello,

I hope I'm not out of line posting my issue here.  I tried FedoraForums, but
did not receive any direction there.

Here is my problem:

I have a box that I run Fedora 12 on, and S3 Suspend/Resume currently
doesn't work properly.  Upon trying the Live CD for Ubuntu Karmic in that
machine, I found that S3 was working perfectly with the methods used in that
distribution.  So, I'd like to find out if it would be possible to look at
what Ubuntu is doing to make things work for my hardware, and configure F12
to do the same.  Unfortunately, I do not know what to look at in Karmic, or
how to change things to match in F12.  They both appear to use Pm-Utils
1.25, so I'm hoping someone here can help.  Any assistance would be
appreciated.

Thanks!