[Pm-utils] pm-utils-1.3.0 has been released

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:26:28 PDT 2010

2010/3/17 Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Michael Biebl [2010-03-17 17:23 +0100]:

>>> I would actually prefer, if we just shipped the quirks within the
>>> pm-utils tarball.
>>> Looking at the git branch, it looks like Victor wants to keep them in
>>> a separate tarball, even if they are in the same git repo.
>>
>> Victor, did that happen more or less by accident, or was it a
>> conscious decision? I could envision a separate git tree for being
>> able to give more people commit privileges to the quirks git, while
>> keeping the privileges for pm-utils itself relatively tight?
>
> I think the point for hal vs. hal-info was that hal-info releases
> could be independent of hal releases. pm-utils vs.
> pm-utils-video-quirks is a much narrower scope issue. You could
> probably get away with spinning a new point release of pm-utils after
> a few quirks had rolled in with minimal code changes.

We have to keep in mind, that the quirk submission rate will most
likely be *very* low.
Compared to two or three years ago in hal, where we not only had
suspend quirks but also keymaps, recall data etc.

I won't argue too hard over this particular issue, if Victor wants to
keep  pm-utils-video-quirks separate.
But imho it's only additional work with very little gain in return.

Cheers,
Michael

PS: For Debian/Ubuntu, we decided to stick the video-quirks directly
into the pm-utils package, so we don't have to maintain a separate
binary package.

universe are pointed away from Earth?