[Pm-utils] Troubleshooting Suspend on D610

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Sun Sep 12 12:42:57 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am troubleshooting a suspend issue on a Dell Latitude D610 with ATI
graphics.  I am using the radeon driver, but I have KMS disabled due to
performance issues.  Suspend is failing because of --quirk-no-fb.  This
quirk is set for my hardware (D610) but /sys/class/graphics/fb0 exists, so
suspend aborts.

If I remove the no-fb quirk, my system suspends/resumes fine.  Also, my
system suspends/resumes fine with KMS enabled.

I'm curious about the no-fb quirk.  What is it really supposed to do and
it is really still needed?

Thanks,
Scott