Question - PolicyKit

dawg dirTdogE at Gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 11:18:07 PDT 2008

Michael Biebl wrote:
> 2008/7/16 Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com>:
>
>> David, what about simply storing the fact that, the last time through,
>> the user opted to uncheck that box. If they have done so once, retain
>> that state for future authorization requests until they manually check
>> it again. This would avoid the situation dawg described where a user has
>> to actively choose to remove the checkbox each and every time.
>>

> TBH, I thought this is exactly the feature dawg was requesting (and I
> admit that I think it would be useful).

To clarify, that was indeed the solution I had suggested as "optimal" in
my original message. Either remembering the user's selection or changing
to a more sensible default (more sensible in the case that the dialog
does NOT remember the user's selection) would fully address the issue
which I was describing.