0.9 release

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Jul 22 11:51:43 PDT 2008

Hey,

Time for some new releases

http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/PolicyKit-0.9.tar.gz
http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/PolicyKit-gnome-0.9.tar.bz2

Release notes below. Not very exciting but some new translations.

FWIW, I expect to start working on something like this

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PolicyKit/PluggableArchitecture

in the near future. This is needed for the FreeIPA-ish integration (e.g.
create a plug-in architecture suitable FreeIPA and projects similar to
it) and will also help us get rid of most of the the setuid/setgid
helpers in the local machine use case. Comments, of course, more than
welcome.

As a reuslt, 0.10 might be a bit out. In the mean time we can do 0.9.x
releases if needed.

       David

==========
PolicyKit 0.9
==========

Released on July 22 2008.

This release should be ABI compatible with PolicyKit 0.6 and later.

David Zeuthen (10):
      need to link with libkit.la for some helpers
      fix some build stuff to so the test suites run
      fix autotools screwup
      fix typo
      always allow uid 0 to ask about authorizations for anyone
      fix up permissions / docs for certain helpers and files/directories
      update README (for the right wiki page) and COPYING (for my email address)
      update NEWS for release
      fix 'make distcheck'
      update NEWS again

Joe Marcus Clarke (2):
      add support for FreeBSD
      remove watch on fd when reaching EOF

==========
PolicyKit-gnome 0.9
==========

Release on July 22th 2008.

Highlights of this release

 o Bug fixes
 o Avoid grabbing the pointer when showing dialog
 o Remember state for "remember authorization" check box per action.
 o New translations: ca, po, pt, ru, sk, cs, pt_BR, zh_CN, de

Requirements for PolicyKit-gnome 0.9

 - PolicyKit        == 0.9
 - GTK+             >= 2.12
 - dbus             >= 1.0