Application authorization system

Mark Hendricks gnomeuser8 at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:58:03 PDT 2008

PolicyKit is a system you use to set authorizations for users. The
system can give these authorizations under certain circumstances. I
need to call my administrator to change my authorizations.

I'm looking for a 	possibility to limit my own authorizations myself.
Only applications I trust should be able to use certain of them. May
it's possible to write a policykit backend for this. So any system
service which does use policykit interface, can use the application
authorization system

So differ between user rights and application rights. Note that the
user right could limited to certain applications (already possible),
so you only can allow applications yourself you have the authorization
for. Admin does give user authorizations, user does give applications
authorizations.