Polkit1

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jul 13 14:47:45 PDT 2009

Hi list,

I'm one of the authors of polkit-qt/kde, and I'd like
to try doing the port this week, but we (me and Dario)
could not manage to get it running, (at least pkexec segfaulted)
Dario said that one of the segfaults were due seuid bit on pkexec..

here is what i got when trying to run:
./polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1

** (polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:19777): WARNING **: Unable to register authentication agent: Remote Exception invoking org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority.RegisterAuthenticationAgent() on /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authority at name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1: org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine session
Cannot register authentication agent: Remote Exception invoking org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority.RegisterAuthenticationAgent() on /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authority at name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1: org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine session

pkaction works but as the last line says seems that there is no
session, in pk0.91 there was ck-start-session IIRC but i don't know
were to find consolekit code :P

Thanks,
Daniel.