POLKIT_LOCAL_I_KNOW_API_IS_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 02:38:25 PDT 2009

With this mornings PolicyKit, my PackageKit build fails:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/hughsie/Code/PackageKit/src'
  CC     libpackagekit_action_lookup_la-pk-polkit-action-lookup.lo
In file included from
/usr/include/polkit-1/polkitbackend/polkitbackendauthority.h:30,
                 from /usr/include/polkit-1/polkitbackend/polkitbackend.h:33,
                 from pk-polkit-action-lookup.c:25:
/usr/include/polkit-1/polkitlocal/polkitlocal.h:26:2: error: #error
"libpolkitlocal is unstable API and subject to change. You must define
POLKIT_LOCAL_I_KNOW_API_IS_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE to acknowledge this."
make[3]: *** [libpackagekit_action_lookup_la-pk-polkit-action-lookup.lo] Error 1

It might be nice to announce requirements like this on the mailing
list. Also we probably want to slow down the API changes soon, if we
want to do a 1.0 release.

Thanks.

Richard.

p.s. it's the morning, and my automated chainbuild broke. I'm not
normally this grumpy :-)