How do I suppress auth requests for PackageKit, just like in F12, or the NOPASSWD directive in sudo?

Nicolas Monnet nico at altiva.fr
Sat Jul 3 06:50:12 PDT 2010

I'm on Fedora 13.

I've spent three hours trying to achieve this. This is all very confusing. I just want to do something like "NOPASSWD" in sudo, that shouldn't be too hard to achieve but I'm at a loss.

I tried creating this file:

/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/99-my-configuration.conf:

[Configuration]
AdminIdentities=unix-user:0
Action=org.freedesktop.packagekit.package-install
ResultAny=no
ResultInactive=no
ResultActive=yes

It does nothing.

How can I debug this? I have no idea. How do I increase log levels? No idea.

I have other questions:

Why does /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d contain:

AdminIdentities=unix-group:desktop_admin_r

... when desktop_admin_r is NOT a unix group? Why does it lie?

(please CC me if you reply)