Getting localized action message and descriptions

Gökçen Eraslan gokcen at pardus.org.tr
Mon Jan 24 08:52:37 PST 2011

Hello,

In a program we wrote, we use polkit_action_description_get_description and
polkit_action_description_get_message functions of polkit to display
information about actions. But we always see action messages and description
in English even if actions have translations in other languages. (We also use
setlocale to set the locale according to the environmetn variables.)

As far as I can see, the only thing about localization in the API is the
locale parameter of polkit_authority_register_authentication_agent function.
But since the application we write is not actually an agent, I think this is
not suitable for us.

Is there any way to get localized action message and descriptions for
applications those are not agents?

--
Gökçen Eraslan