[poppler] Can pdfto*-commands depend on a specific backend?

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon Dec 12 12:20:41 PST 2005

Martin Kretzschmar wrote:
> Kristian Høgsberg schrieb:
>
>> This is awesome.  Overall, I'd like the command line utilities to be
>> option compatible with the existing xpdf utilities and not depend on
>> either the glib or the qt binding.  I think it's a good idea to ship
>> and build any new command line tools we add these together with
>> poppler, and since they'll be using the xpdf header files, it's pretty
>> much the only option.
>
> Ubuntu is aleady shipping poppler ports of the xpdf command line utils
> to escape the maintenance nightmare, AFAIK.

Indeed, I just lifted the command line utilities from the ubuntu package
and added them on CVS head.  I made an ./configure option to disable
building and install them.  Thorkild, if you have a patch to add a
pdftosvg, send it to the list and I'll add it in.  Make sure to make the
pdftosvg build conditional on the BUILD_CAIRO_OUTPUT option and check
that the installed cairo actually has the svg surface.

cheers,
Kristian