[poppler] more patches to the qt4 interface

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon Dec 12 12:30:37 PST 2005

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 07:09 am, Stefan Kebekus wrote:
> On Sunday 11 December 2005 20:55, you wrote:
> > > * ported the pageTransition class and the associated methods from the
> > > qt-3-interface
> >
> > The API mostly looks OK, but I'm not so keen on the parsing code in
> > poppler-document.cc. Can we push this down into the poppler common code?
> > Otherwise qt3 and qt4 will diverge in their parsing, and glib will get
> > yet another version. All this hairy "get this subdictionary from that
> > object" crud is fragile to specification interpretation variances, so we
> > really want it in once place.
>
> I am not sure that I understand correctly. First of all, I assume you are
> discussing the constructor of the PageTransition class, is that right? Do
> you want me to move this class to the "poppler" directory?
I think it would be better to move some of the implementation of that
constructor to the poppler directory. The PageTransition class is OK as part
of the qt4 API, I just want to avoid duplicating the parsing code. You might
need to create some new class to hold it in the poppler directory, without
Qt4 or Qt3 or glib dependency. The Qt3/Qt4/glib bindings can then just be
accessors.
There are other ways to do it as well, I'm sure. All I really want to do is
avoid multiple copies of the parsing code.
Have I explained myself any better?

> > > * added more documentation
> >
> > That is OK, except I don't see why you are using \brief. Normally that
> > means something is misconfigured in the Doxygen setup. Can you explain
> > this bit?
>
> I used the standard Doxyfile generated by the doxywizard, and I found that
> in the documentation the methods were only explained in the text body, but
> not in the table of contents on the top of the page. I used "\brief" to add
> a few words to the TOC. Anything wrong with that?
I haven't seen that particular problem before, so happy to go with your work
for now, and I'll take another look when/if I have some time. No big deal.

Brad