[poppler] Fwd: Re: PDF rendering with Poppler

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at pdfsages.com
Fri Dec 23 04:26:20 PST 2005

At 04:55 AM 12/23/2005, Brad Hards wrote:
>* regular masked images (image dicts with a /Mask entry)

         That has been implemented in Xpdf for YEARS.  I'd like to
see a failing example of this.

>* softmasks on Images (image dicts with a /SMask entry)

         That is part of the latest patches that you have from Xpdf.

>* constant alpha in the graphics state

         That's implemented for Splash, but may not be for other backends.

>* ShadingType 4 shading dictionaries

         I believe that is in the latest patches from Xpdf.

>* softmasks in the graphics state
>* shading dictionaries as softmasks in the graphics state

         Neither of these are supported in Xpdf at this time - they
are MAJOR pieces of work that Derek hasn't undertaken yet.

Leonard