[poppler] Removing xpdfrc dependency

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jul 6 13:17:19 PDT 2005

Do we really need to depend on xpdfrc?

Having a look at the xpdfrc mandriva ships i see

Font related stuff - we are going to ignore it if i even get a fontconfig
patch accepted (i'm working on it, more on that later)

the paper size we want for ps (i.e. printing), that should be really
application controlled and not file controlled, i suggest changing this to an
api call

The text encoding, we are already defined to be utf-8 in the source, but let
the user change it, imho we should remove the option to the user change it in
the config file as it seems it can cause more harm than good

enableT1lib: if Use t1lib lib
enableFreeType: if use freetype lib
antialias: if enable antialiasing

Again this should be better application controlled, so i suggest changing this
to api calls

urlCommand: i don't think we have any use for that

So would a patch for removing the dependancy on xpdfrc be accepted given it
provides the api calls?