[poppler] Fontconfig patch

Stefan Kleine Stegemann stefankst at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 22:48:06 EST 2005

Hi,

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:37 pm, Stefan Kleine Stegemann wrote:
> > So, does anyone know how to tell fontconfig what fonts.conf file to
> > use at runtime?
> Have you looked at other fontconfig users on macos (eg how does pango work?,
> maybe mozilla, Qt3 or Qt4)? How do they handle it?

I'm currently trying to figure it out. There is more hope than I
thought there was after my
first experiments a while ago. The fontconfig API looks like it is
possible to create a
configuration from a custom configuration file and avoiding to have
fontconfig load
it's default config file.

> > Can you probably preserver the current behavior for the poppler
> > library and just ADD the new stuff without removing the old? From my
> > point of view, this would be the best solution.
> This seems very, very undesirable as a long term solution.

I agree with you. If I succeed with fontconfig today, this won't be a
problem any more.

Greets
Stefan

--