[poppler] Re: [Patch] Info about document fonts

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 07:03:19 PDT 2005

Attached patch implements a scan api, as discussed yesterday on irc,
which can scan the document for fonts incrementally. I used it in
evince and it works pretty well.

I'm not that sure about the _scan api yet:

gboolean
poppler_font_info_scan (PopplerFontInfo    *font_info,
                                   int                         n_pages,
                                   PopplerFontsIter  **iter)

*iter contains an iterator if fonts was found otherwise NULL, the
return value is FALSE when all the document pages have been scanned.

I'm not yet 100% sure about the ideal UI. In evince I'm not adding
fonts incrementally as they are found atm. Instead I'm showing a
that I'm not sure what sort of feedback to give if we incrementally
add items (how do you know scanning is still in progress?) and if that
is actually necessary anyway.

Anyway, I guess this could be a decent start, we could improve api and
UI later...

Marco