[poppler] Poppler Newbie

Richard How richardhow at internode.on.net
Thu Jun 23 20:40:15 PDT 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:17:30 -0400
Kristian Høgsberg <krh at bitplanet.net> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I don't know of any such project, but it should be easy to do.  Both
> kpdf and poppler are pretty lean projects, but they do pull in their
> respective platforms, of course.  Let us know if get something going :-)
>
> cheers,
> Kristian

Thank you both for responding. I'm working on a project for embedded
systems using the arm processor so desktops are a bit bloated for us.
I have built Gpdf and run it but all the versions I have tried are plagued
by segfaults at run time.
What I will try is evince as a drop in replacement for Gpdf and see how
that goes. Poppler is already available in Open Embbeded build :)

I would like to have a go at producing a graphical front end, either Gtk or
Qt, with Qt being my preferred choice as it comes with good doco,
tutorial and Designer environment.

Two problems I have are, lack of time with so much to do and no experience
of C++ although I have done a little simple C coding. If I put togther a
simple Qt interface maybe you could help, advise or assist me to hook
it up to poppler. I'd really enjoy learning new stuff :)

Richard