[poppler] Mailing list test

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Thu Mar 3 19:32:22 PST 2005

Hello!

I'm testing the mailing list.  If you're reading this you probably saw
my announcement on xdg list: we have a mailing list (well, duh!), CVS
repository and a web page: poppler.freedesktop.org.

For now, I'm the only person with commit access to the repository, and
since the poppler group hasn't been added to LDAP yet, I can't change
that right now.  I want to change that in the future, of course, but
even when we do open up CVS I'd like to see patches posted to this list
first.  This is common practice in many projects, and I think it's
especially important for this project, where we're going from having
each our own xpdf copy to sharing the same code base.  Poppler will be
used in KDE and GNOME PDF viewers and could well end up in CUPS or
OpenOffice.org, so we need to make sure we don't add patches or
dependencies that are unacceptable for those projects.  The usual
disclaimer about simple bug fixes, or other small, trivial patches such
as the one from Jeff Muizelaar I just committed applies; these go
straight to CVS.

cheers,
Kristian