[poppler] Proposed changes

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Fri Mar 4 08:43:10 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 09:31 +0100, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>That is a thing we should discuss deeply. Do we want a complete fork or do we
>want a fork where apply fixes but keep close enough to xpdf sources so we can
>easily merge future xpdf releases?

Yes, this is a topic I've wanted to bring up.  We need to discuss and
agree on the scope of the work we want to do here, what kind of changes

>My opinion, unless we have much [wo]man power to develop on our own, we should
>keep close to xpdf sources and that rules out that "heavy" changes Wilco
>proposes.
>
>I mean, if in the future comes out xpdf 4.0, it is much better than poppler
>and it can not be merged, the most probable thing is that i would make KPDF
>use xpdf sources again.

That's quite understandable.  Though, I do hope that if/when that time
comes, we will able to merge the new version into poppler, or if that is
not possible, create a new library fork for xpdf-4.0.