[poppler] Getting metadata?

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Mar 5 02:50:13 PST 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:13 pm, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi Brad, have a look at
> PDFGenerator::generateDocumentInfo
> PDFGenerator::getDocumentInfo
> and
> PDFGenerator::getDocumentDate
> in kdegraphics/kpdf/core/generator_pdf/generator_pdf.cpp
Thanks. I have an inferior version of getDocumentInfo in my code (also adapted
from pdfinfo), so taking yours :-)

> BUT i think this can be a quite common thing, so we could integrate it into
> PDFDoc in poppler?
Having just grappled with the source code to pdfinfo, I'm totally hating the
GooString and Unicode stuff. I think that we need to add a standard compat
layer over the top. I'm not sure of the best way to do this - could be a Qt
specific layer inside of KDE, a Qt specific layer inside of Poppler, or a
wstring type layer inside of Poppler.

I'm still looking for how to find out what fonts are used.

Brad