[poppler] [KPDF-PATCH] Fontconfig support

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Sun Mar 6 11:31:53 PST 2005

Hi, here comes our fontconfig patch, i see poppler has inherited from evince a
fontconfig function that xpdf does not have, but i think ours is better, i
explain the reasons:

 - The fontconfig code in poppler right now is not able to use winddings font
i have installed in my system to properly render · (a dot) in
http://usuarios.lycos.es/tsdgeos/test.pdf and instead it renders Ÿ (Y with
dieresis) while our code does.

 - FcNameParse does not works with pdf font names, we have a custom parsing
function.
As a example use the attached test program, compiling normally and then
compiling with option -D WEIRD_FUN then do
./fonttest fontname
and last line says the font that will be used, using FcNameParse and
CourierNew,Bold (font name present in the above pdf) i get
File: /usr/share/fonts/ttf/vera/Vera.ttf
but using -D WEIRD_FUN i get
File: /usr/share/fonts/ttf/vera/VeraBd.ttf
that is obviously better.

If you need winddings.ttf grab it at
http://usuarios.lycos.es/tsdgeos/wingding.ttf