[poppler] Decryption bugfix

Bryan Clark bclark at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 09:30:17 PST 2005

I have no idea if Derek is on this list or not.  I'm guessing he's not.
If the patch could be applied to the xpdf core then I'm sure he'd
appreciate it and it would be the nice thing to do since we're using a
lot of his codebase.

I've corresponded with him before, so here's how I figure it works:

	There is an issue of copyright assignment, Derek and foolabs need total
copyright control over the xpdf code.  Since there isn't a copyright
assignment system setup for them, I'm expecting they'd setup the system
for us, we can just send him patches directly.

	Derek has been reimplementing many of the patches sent to him
previously to maintain copyright control.  I think it's best if you send
a quick message describing what the problem was and what the patch does
to fix it with a link to the patch.  This way he can reimplement it if
he'd like to take advantage of it.

	If the patch adds dependencies to other libraries then Derek is
probably not going to be interested, but I doubt there's harm in sending
it anyway.  That's up to you.

Cheers,
~ Bryan