[poppler] New API

Jonathan Blandford jrb at redhat.com
Sun Mar 27 22:47:27 PST 2005

Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr at pdfsages.com> writes:

> At 10:18 AM 3/27/2005, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> >Wow!  Is that pdf publically sharable?  Do you think you could make it
> >available?
>
>          Of course.  It's now at
> <http://www.apago.com/~leonardr/11000PagesWithBookmarks.pdf>

Neat!  We actually load that in a couple of seconds.  I'm pretty happy
with that level of performance, and am encouraged to keep the current
one-shot API in evince.  We can still have the glib API be a
tree-walking API, but evince won't bother with the old code to handle
that.

>          For a good test of non-Roman bookmark handling, I also put up
> <http://www.apago.com/~leonardr/frenchbookmarks.pdf>.

We seem to handle that fine right now.  I'll add it to my test docs to
make sure we keep it working.

Thanks,
-Jonathan