[poppler] Kpdf patches status

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Sun May 1 15:12:17 PDT 2005

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 03:44:24PM +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I've modified http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fpoppler to have KPDF -
> poppler integration status table

I little while ago I looked at the 'Optimization of font handling'
patch and was sort of overwelmed by it's size. It would make reviewing
much nicer if it could be broken up into separate parts. If not I can
still try to make my way through it when I get time.

One of the things I still don't understand is why type1 fonts are still
done with temp files. Also are there any numbers that show that this
patch makes any difference?

The "one line CJK patch". This patch is probably ok to apply but isn't
it more just a work around for a freetype bug?

I committed the 'Patch for allocation size'. This one just slipped
through.

The fontconfig patch is also probably ok to commit but we should really
be doing font matching using font descriptors (I don't know whether they
are manditory...)

-Jeff