[poppler] Getting the image rects from a page

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at pdfsages.com
Mon Apr 17 11:15:12 PDT 2006

At 01:26 PM 4/17/2006, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >          I wouldn't touch PDFDoc && displayPage - too low level and
> > will make future updates harder.
>
>You really think adding a boolean and a getter method wtll make updating
>harder?

         It means that every time a diff is done against the "main
Xpdf" source tree, this is going to show up.  And someone is going to
have to know whether your changes are custom to poppler and should
not be removed OR were old things removed from Xpdf...

> >          I would add it simply to your OutputDev
>Which outputdev?

         The one that you plan to add the actual "image rect
computation code" to...

>i can not have it if i want to use bindings as bindings do not
>expose that  much.

         Then add it to the bindings...

>One on poppler-qt bindings?
>Yeah, i like code duplication, lets add the same feature on the n-bindings we
>have instead of adding it where it really belongs.

         Well, you are starting with the premise that "it belongs in
the lower levels"...which I think is against what Poppler is trying to do.

         I thought the reasons for the bindings was to keep folks out
of the lower levels of Xpdf so that it could be updated w/o breaking
calling applications.  If you start touching the core classes (like
PDFDoc), then you risk breakage/incompatibility.

         If, instead, you modify the bindings to simply expose what
you are doing internally - then life is good...IMO.

Leonard