[poppler] about patterns

Krzysztof Kowalczyk kkowalczyk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 15:55:43 PDT 2006

> >Maybe i'm wrong, but the attached one-page pdf file doesn't render right with
> >poppler from CVS (using test-poppler-qt4).
>
>          Well, at the moment, I can't get it to
> render at all :(.   But I don't have a current
> build...need to try later with updated code.

It does render for me with my Sumatra viewer
(http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/) which is pretty much
the latest poppler CVS sources with splash backend and not using zlib.

However, it takes ungodly amount of time to render (minutes on a 3.2
GhZ machine) and slightly differs from how FoxIt renders it (the
values in graph look like dithered grayscale while foxit renders it as
solid grey). There must be some terrible edge case in poppler -
rendering of a simple document like this should be instantenous. I've
seen a couple of other PDF files that exhibit such slowness. On
average, however, poppler has a decent rendering speed. It would be
great if someone figured out and fixed those super-slow cases (I'm not
much of a PDF expert).

-- kjk | http://blog.kowalczyk.info