[poppler] rendering pages from PDFs to PNG [SOLVED - code wanted?]

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Feb 17 11:33:52 PST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:37:58 +0100 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>
wrote:

> A Dijous 16 Febrer 2006 14:55, Hans-Werner Hilse va escriure:
> > At that time, I hadn't yet known poppler. It seems to me that it is
> > already able to do something like this via the functions that cairo
> > offers (it seems to have PNG export). Sadly, I'm currently having a
> > hard time to find examples of how to
> > - use poppler in combination with cairo (but _not_ output to some
> > X11 window or do other toolkit integration)
>
> Doing it using the Qt binding is trivial, but i assume you don't want
> that.

Hm, after digging deeper into poppler and esp. cairo, I've figured out
how to do it (it's rather simple and is about 40% the size of the
gtk-cairo-test sources).

As the whole conversion adds no new library dependencies, I'd like to
offer the code for "pdftopng" (based on cairo) for inclusion either
into poppler/test or even into poppler/utils, as it may well be an
useful utility (there's already pdftoppm, but that utilizes the Splash
device).

Thanks for the work on poppler,

-hwh