[poppler] Performance of the wrappers

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Feb 18 08:08:46 PST 2006

A Dissabte 18 Febrer 2006 16:53, Frank Meerkötter va escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >>What should be done? Implementing a mode RGB8A? Fixing ABGR8?
> >>
> >>Has anyone thought about how to solve this issue?
> >
> >Yeah, but had not enough time to have a look, if you could fix it i'd do
> > the "thank you a lot" dance
>
> I see what i can do. Another possibility apart from implementing RGB8A
> or fixing ABGR8 would be
> to have the RGB8 mode use 4 bytes internally  whereat the fourth byte is
> a  fixed alpha.
>
> Do you have any preferences how to deal with this?

I tried doing that (use 4 bytes internally  whereat the fourth byte is a
fixed alpha) as a quick solution but failed, i don't really understand what
having a ALPHA value in a PDF document means, if the ALPHA says it's
transparent it should display what is in the window behind and if not the
desktop?

Albert