[poppler] Performance of the wrappers

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Feb 20 14:12:19 PST 2006

A Dilluns 20 Febrer 2006 21:48, Frank Meerkötter va escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >A Dissabte 18 Febrer 2006 16:53, Frank Meerkötter va escriure:
>
> Hi Albert,
>
> >I tried doing that (use 4 bytes internally  whereat the fourth byte is a
> >fixed alpha) as a quick solution but failed, i don't really understand
> > what having a ALPHA value in a PDF document means, if the ALPHA says it's
> > transparent it should display what is in the window behind and if not the
> > desktop?
>
> How exactly did you fail?

Well, there is lot of code in ¿Splash.cc? that has *3 or *4 and +=3 or +=4 etc
depending on the mode of SplashBitmap, i tried doing a search and replace of
the 3 to 4 but failed completely, i suppose with some more time and carefull
looking i would have found the problem but was not able to.

> I also don't understand for what an alpha layer on the output device is
> used but i should be of no concern to us, as long as we use an alpha value
> that qt interprets as fully intransparent. Right?

Right

Albert