[poppler] evas support for poppler

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jan 9 11:07:15 PST 2006

A Dilluns 09 Gener 2006 21:26, Vincent Torri va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I have re-worked a bit the evas binding. The archive contains:
> * a diff of configure.ac
> * a dif of the toplevel Makefile.am
> * poppler-evas.pc.in
> * the subdir evas/ with the .h, .cc, the test app and Makefile.am
>
> Some comments:
>
> 1) in the configure.ac, i've only tested if evas and ecore are installed.
> I've not add some --disable-evas. Should I add it ?
It would be nice as all the other frontends seem to have it.

> 2) the headers are all commented, but my english is ugly. Maybe someone
> should read to fix it :)
>
> 3) I don't know what licence to use. What should I use ?
Well, you have to use GPL or GPL-compatible, since poppler is GPL, i don't
know what is the license of evas, but i hope it to be GPL compatible, if not
we have a problem there

> 4) there are some functions that does not work correctly :
>   evas_poppler_page_text_get
> and
>   evas_poppler_page_text_find
> I don't really know why.
>
> 5) all the utf8 stuff is not supported, simply because I have no idea on
> how to manage it
That can/should be improved in the future, are you commited to try to
mantain/improve evas frontend?

> I have tested the binding and even made a widget for one of the toolkit,
> and it seems to work great. Btw, that library is quite good.
>
> I would also be glad if someone take a bit of time to try this code
>
> Thank you

Albert