[poppler] GPL & code commits

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Sat Jan 21 16:18:08 PST 2006

On 2006-01-22 00:45:39 +0100, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> It is that (relicensing) what he can not do if he incorporates my patches,
> because he can not RELICENSE my code under something else different than the
> GPL without my agreement, and he does not have it.

Right. But AFAIK he maintains only one version of xpdf -- not two
(gpl and non-gpl), so if you keep the (c) on your patch (which
you are free to do) he will refuse it.

[...]

> Yeah yeah, speak of OSS, don't tellme about how OSS works, tell Derek. He has
> NEVER accepted any kind of cooperation (that is basically why poppler
> exists), also i have lots of unanswered mails i sent him.

Well, it would be nice if he would pass around more information
to his OSS-"customers". Where can I get information about
security patches for xpdf? No, I don't want to follow bugtraq
just for the occasional leak in xpdf. :-(

Best
    Martin
--
                    http://www.tm.oneiros.de