[poppler] evas support for poppler

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Sun Jan 22 08:32:42 PST 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Vincent Torri wrote:

> > > Some comments:
> > >
> > > 1) in the configure.ac, i've only tested if evas and ecore are installed.
> > > I've not add some --disable-evas. Should I add it ?
> > It would be nice as all the other frontends seem to have it.
>
> ok, i'll add it

done

> > > 3) I don't know what licence to use. What should I use ?
> > Well, you have to use GPL or GPL-compatible, since poppler is GPL, i don't
> > know what is the license of evas, but i hope it to be GPL compatible, if not
> > we have a problem there
>
> It's BSD, so I think that it's GPL-compatible. At least, one told me that
> there is no problem at all.

done

some features that are presented in the tests :

test-poppler-evas : rendering, informations, list of fonts, index
test-poppler-(ewl/etk): widgets, pages, index

The text find functions work (i've tested them)

some things that must be done : utf8 stuff, using another font when one is
not present. There's a policy problem with test-poppler-ewl, but it's on
the ewl side, not poppler-evas.

Also, i think that there is some bugs in glib/poppler-page.cc, in the
functions poppler_page_get_text and poppler_page_find_text. The y*
coordinates are not well computed, imho.

Do you think that this evas backend can be committed now, or must I have
to add/fix some things ?

thank you

Vincent