[poppler] Poppler bindings

Krzysztof Kowalczyk kkowalczyk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 12:46:27 PST 2006

Poppler doesn't have dependencies on X but it does depend on some
standard unix libraries (freetype and fontconfig always, zlib and
libjpeg depending on how it was compiled, glib if you use glib
bindings).

It gives you all the code to do what you want - example programs in
utils directory do the things you describe so you can use them as a
template.

However, you might be better served by http://podofo.sourceforge.net/
which is designed as a PDF parsing library.

As for python, there are pure python libraries like
http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/ and
http://www.boddie.org.uk/david/Projects/Python/pdftools/.

-- kjk | http://blog.kowalczyk.info