C-only poppler API (Re: [poppler] poppler CUPS integration)

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Fri Oct 27 12:35:42 PDT 2006

2006/10/27, Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>:
> Frank Küster (one of affected Debian maintainers) will ask upstream of
> pdftex and meanwhile he compiled list of functions used in xpdf code:
>
> Ref
> GfxFont
> GBool
> PDFDoc
> GString
> LinkDest
> Stream

Hello,
I'm the maintainer of pdfTeX. :-)

The low-level-answer: We have these includes in two files
(pdftoepdf.cc and pdftosrc.cc):
#include <GString.h>
#include <gmem.h>
#include <gfile.h>
#include "Object.h"
#include "Stream.h"
#include "Array.h"
#include "Dict.h"
#include "XRef.h"
#include "Catalog.h"
#include "Link.h"
#include "Page.h"
#include "GfxFont.h"
#include "PDFDoc.h"
#include "GlobalParams.h"
#include "Error.h"

The high-level answer: pdfTeX uses xpdf to include pages from pdfs
into the pdfs it produces, so we need everything to be able to parse,
copy and manipulate the document, it's pages and their objects.

We are not concerned about rendering.

We also need the code to not only run on Linux, but Unix and Windows as well.

Best
   Martin